Voted New York’s Best Divorce Attorney
Cell phone in one hand, dog with works in the other, New Yorker to the bone, this litigator is as genuine and approachable as you can get. Saul Edelstein, pride of the den of attorneys that have partnered as The Edelsteins, Faegenburg & Brown LLP, is unique among his kind, Saul explains; “I dispensed with the formalities long ago. Call me Saul, get down to the brass tacks, and call me 24/7 if you need me, or meet me for a slice or an egg roll and we’ll figure it out.”
Saul initially followed his father into real estate law, but soon discovered his true calling for the courtroom and switched to family and matrimonial law. He’s never looked back. Now the third generateion of Edelsteins – his sons Adam and Paul – have made names for themselves, expanding the firm’s reach to include personal injury cases. The family and their associates have also branched out from their base in Brooklyn to include new offices downtown near the corner of Broadway and Wall Street.
“What’s my secret?” Saul says with a warm smile, “I speak loudly and I carry a big stick. I’m a litigator, but when I take a case I try to preserve communication between the parties. I think litigation can be costly, not necessarily in money, but in the stress it can put you through. I want my clients to get what they deserve AND remain sane throughout the process.”
To see more War Stories from Saul CLICK HERE.
For more than two decades, Saul Edelstein has been rightfully recognized by peers, the press, and clients in the New York City and the greater tri-state area as one of the city’s and nation’s best divorce lawyers. A testament to his talent and his continuous perfection of getting clients what they deserve.
Born in Brooklyn on November 2, 1937, Saul is a classic Scorpio— extraordinarily book and street smart, resourceful, engaging, fun-loving, and with a vicious sting when protecting what he views as clients’ turf.
The leader of The Edelsteins, Faegenburg and Brown family of attorneys, Saul enjoys living large—befitting his gregarious personality and love of what he does (hence, www.divorceme.net as the firm’s web address)—and his zest for doing anything it takes to advocate and protect the interests of his clients. His public persona is as well known and as respected as that of the many famous people he has represented, the not so famous whose causes he has championed, and high-visibility cases he has litigated.
- Matrimonial Law
- Family Law
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 1961)
- Brooklyn College of the City University of New York (B.A., 1958)
- 1961, New York; 1967, U.S. Supreme Court
- Brooklyn: Member, Committee on Ethics and Family Law (1968–1975); Chairman, Committee on Family and Matrimonial Law (1976)
- New York State: Member: Executive Committee, Family Law Section (1983); Lecturer and Moderator, Continuing Legal Education (1983); Special Committee on Revision of the Equitable Distribution Law (1984)
- Additional: Section on Family Law Bar Associations; New York County Lawyers Association; American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Member, Board of Examiners (1980), Vice President (1983–1985), and on National Board of Governors (1985); Lecturer and Moderator, Continuing Legal Education (1983); Long Beach Lawyers Association (President, 1985–1986); U.S. Army Medical Corps (1962-1968). Individually licensed to practice in Brooklyn.
Recognition and Accomplishments
- 20 years listed in Best Lawyers in America
- Lecturer, New York State Bar Association (1983)
- Civil court arbitrator (1972–1976)
- Member, Special Committee on AIDS
- Guest lecturer at numerous legal and charitable events
- Seen on 60 Minutes, Larry King Live and Howard Stern
- Frequently quoted in print media, e.g. The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal
Serving clients in New York City and the greater tri-state area
The Edelsteins, Faegenburg and Brown, voted one of NY’s best divorce and personal injury lawyers, serve clients in New York City and the greater tri-state area from offices at 26 Broadway in New York, NY. Fill out our online contact form today or call 212-425-1999 for an initial consultation.